== == Web Traffic

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Logo

Text about what we did here

SUGGESTED USES:









OVERALL BUILD

  • Number of holds: 3
  • Type (Bolt / Screw Ons): Bolt
  • Price per hold (set price divided by number of holds):
  • Color: Neon orange
  • Bolt placement: Off centre
  • Sanding: Not bad
  • Hollow backed: Two of them yes
  • Soft back (Rubber backed): No
  • Texture: Good
  • Set size: Large
  • Versatility: Ok
  • Pre-drilled screw holes: Yes
  • Shaper: David Filkins

WHAT ARE THEY MADE FROM:
Urethane

PACKING / SHIPPING:
Very good

RATING:
Noodles:
These are the first holds from Element Climbing that I don't like.

Phew hit that one out of the park :)

Why don't I like them? Well it's pretty simple and it's a matter of taste in this case.. the shapes would have been perfect (or better depending upon which way you look at it) if they hadn't have had what we've been calling "Intensity Lines"; these lines are right on the lip of what you grab and even though in the walk through I said they're deep but they probably won't grab your skin I was wrong... yes yes it does happen sometimes. If these grooves had been shallower or even rounder than they currently are then the shapes would have come out better. They pretty well aren't needed and are just icing on a cake that wasn't needed.. the cake was fine as it was!
The hold market is saturated with holds and companies these days and people feel the need to have their product stand out, at climbingholdreview this is something we deeply understand, it's a reason why people send us holds for our opinions... because we help their product stand out, its' what we do and it's something we love doing. Our opinions are unbiased and people understand (at least we hope so) that is is our opinion and sometimes when they get a bad review or some bad comments they just roll with the punches and continue, take them on board and then go and improve their designs.

I like simple shapes, I also like super intricate shapes as well... but when you take what was a simple shape and take it too far that product does stand begin to stand out, unfortunately in this case it's the wrong kind of stand out as I didn't enjoy hauling on them.

Chris:

PROS:
  • YADDA
CONS:
  • YADDA

No comments: