Can you believe it? We've hit one year old?
I can't!! So in my usual fashion I'll write a wrap up of the year :)
(There are stats and a full listing of the reviews underneath my Oscar style speech!)
THE OSCAR STYLE SPEECH
Climbing Hold Review started as me wanting to give back to the climbing community as a whole, and I guess that even after a fairly shaky start and some refinement we've managed to hit a format that makes us a good resource on climbing holds. The site is run by (primarily) me, and Chris came and joined the party a few months after I started, he's been a good partner to have on an endeavor like this because at times writing reviews is very stressful, hell some of the comments that we received at times has almost had me packing up the site and moving onto something else... thankfully the comments have always come from people that we're pushing us to be better than we were... I'd like to thank a whole bunch of people, but the list and reasons would end up being a long long read so I'll skip it.... you know who you are because i've thanked you!
BUT..
There are a lot of people that have kept us on the straight and narrow, given us advice, have molded us, listened to me talk randomly on the phone and have welcomed us into the climbing family. Thank you all! And of course there are some people that really should be thanked... who??... YOU the reader, the people that come on past and see whats new, you've been a tough audience... thanks for your comments and continued support (now go buy a t shirt :P)
THE NUMBERS...
Our trackers went live at the very end of November (I think) and the numbers below are as of the 27th October. We also had a couple of months off due to me having to relocate the climbing wall to my new apartment...
UNIQUE IP HITS: Every time someone comes onto the site we count the IP once, and once only!! We've had just over 23,500 people come and see us
RETURN VISITORS: Just under 50,000 people returned to the site :)
We've had visits from pretty much anywhere on the planet that has an internet connection, the list of countries is mind blowing... especially when the list reads places like Pakistan, Chile, Poland and one place that isn't actually named that looks like a private island!!
We've posted 33 reviews, and there's more to come in the future
Chris and I would like to say thanks, our baby year is over now we'll get down to some real work! Thanks for all your help and participation
Noodles & Chris
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment